OPEN POSITIONS (3):
Added August 03, 2018
Added August 03, 2018
Senior Quality Engineer
Added August 03, 2018
Adkev, Inc. is growing and looking to add a Process Engineer for their Monticello, Indiana Manufacturing Plant. The ideal Candidate will have the ability to evaluate new and existing products and establish robust processes through Scientific Molding Philosophy. The position will be responsible to lead continuous improvement projects focused on process optimization and align product specifications with process capability to minimize the cost of poor quality and maximize customer satisfaction. The incumbent is required to train and attend to all duties and responsibilities and maintain standards in accordance with stated requirements and IATF16949/ISO14001 standards. This position provides an opportunity for career growth while supporting a growing organization.
Adkev, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or veteran status.
- Set-up, operator or tend the molding machine for the initial sampling of new and modified tools for the production of parts that meet customer specifications; establishing process control limits (tolerances) for production.
- Define, control and audit molding processes to include cycle times to improve overall manufacturing performance, eliminate and/or reduce waste and production costs, improve quality and improves profits.
- Make recommendations on process, tooling and material and equipment modifications.
- Work closely with production staff/setup technicians/quality to trouble shoot process problems, conduct root cause analysis, identify corrective actions and establish course of action to reduce scrap.
- Participate in APQP process/meetings (Project Reviews)
- Review and control qualification of process changes/documentation to validate effectiveness and make appropriate set-up sheet changes.
- Develop, coordinate and train set-up technicians, to include new employees and current employees.
- Provide recommendations to training checklists for set-up technicians
- Follow IATF/ISO procedures for set-up sheets in order to meet requirements efficiently
- Supervision of proper mold and equipment storage as required.
- Maintain quality specifications in production on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain safety standards as well as teach and counsel set-up techs.
- Adhere to Adkev, Inc. policies, procedures and instructions.
- Train and develop set-up personnel.
- Ensure that Set-up Techs are complying with company and OSHA safety requirements.
- Review workplace injury issues between Shift Leaders and HR.
- Report to HR on compliance to safety and regulatory agencies in terms of personnel, property, equipment and unforeseen issues.
- Review work instructions to ensure accuracy and conformance can be attained via written descriptions. Coordinate with Quality Department.
- Ability to adhere to Adkev, Inc. policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Maintain 5S policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required: AS/AAS degree in Engineering or Business Management, Plastics, Manufacturing Technology or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Plastics Engineering
- Required: 2-5 years experience in production/ high volume manufacturing environment similar to Adkev, Inc. to include injection molding (plastics) process optimization and 3 to 5 axis robots.
- Preferred: 5 years experience in Plastics Technology/Processing with supervision of process technician staff in a non-union environment similar to Adkev, Inc. to include injection molding (automotive industry).
- Knowledge of IATF16949/ISO14001 standards that apply to production, processes and reporting, to include development of and/or the calculation of any applicable metrics or standards.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience with the fundamentals of scientific molding, including the use of standardized "Decoupled Molding II and III" procedures for new tool start-ups as well as daily production.
- Annual/Semi-Annual machine testing and validation such as injection speed linearity, dynamic check ring repeatability, load sensitivity, pressure response, and platen deflection testing.
- First Article Inspections and sample runs with new tooling, including knowledge/experience with Automotive PPAP and PSO requirements, including the APQP process and proficiently perform DOE's engineering trials where applicable.
- Process testing which includes in-mold rheology tests, dynamic cavity imbalances testing, pressure loss studies, gate sealing, mold deflection testing and use of the decoupled molding process.
- Program robots/sprue pickers used in injection molding and "on-call" troubleshooting and process control support for production
- Develop and coordinate training sessions for process technicians/operators based on proper decoupled molding techniques and rigorous mold try-out methods and develop standard operating procedures, where applicable.
- Ability to work closely with groups of people, including company employees at all levels.
- Ability to operate radios, fax machines, computer software, calculating machines, copy machines and other specialized production equipment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate as a 'trusted agent' in which full confidentially and strict ethical business standards are to be observed.
- Ability to prepare plans and reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work extended hours, odd hours, weekends as required to meet job requirements. Ability to analyze, develop, present, and implement sound production practices.
- Ability to assist production employees as needed...