OPEN POSITIONS (5):
Human Resources Generalist - Monticello IN
Added February 23, 2018
Process Engineer: Plastics
Added February 15, 2018
Added February 14, 2018
Quality Manager, 5+ yrs Progressive Exp. Req'd
Added March 12, 2018
Senior Quality Engineer
Added September 22, 2017
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST - MONTICELLO IN
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management in supporting the Monticello production plant and other locations as part of standardization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Assists team to identify recruitment needs and develops a recruitment plan designed to fill the demand, and evaluates the effectiveness of the requirement efforts.
- Assists in compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Assists in recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Onboard new employees
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing, and ensures proper process and procedures are followed.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information and files.
- Assist in driving continuous improvement of training and development through revised training programs and ensuring training is maintained timely and accurately.
- Assist in Safety Program: OSHA log, incident capture and response, safety committee and safety training.
- Ensure fair application of all policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Related Field
Required: 1+ years of direct Human Resources experience
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Human relations skills
This position requires a team oriented approach to interface with internal and external customers; the ability to communicate with and maintain interpersonal skills with all members of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Human Resources: 1 year