OPEN POSITIONS (4):
2nd Shift Production Supervisor - Danville KY
Added July 20, 2020
Industrial Engineer (Injection Molding / automation) Monticello
Added June 17, 2020
Set-Up Technician - 2nd and 3rd Shift – Monticello
Added June 17, 2020
Set-Up Technician - Danville KY
Added June 17, 2020
2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - DANVILLE KY
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The basic function of the Shift Supervisor is to exercise leadership, manage production responsibilities in accordance with customer requirements and provide direction to production staff meanwhile meeting safety requirements. The incumbent is required to train and attend to all duties and responsibilities and maintain standards in accordance with stated requirements and IATF16949 standards.
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: AS/BS in Business Management, Manufacturing Technology or Plastics
Required: 1 year supervisory experience in production/manufacturing environment similar to Adkev, Inc.
Preferred: 3 years supervisory experience in production/manufacturing environment to include injection molding of plastics
- Knowledge of areas of production to include injection molding, personnel, tooling, robotics/automation and molding presses
- IATF16949 standards that apply to production, processes and reporting, to include development of and/or calculation of any applicable metrics or standards
- Knowledge of all facets and job requirements of jobs reporting to this position
- Ability to work closely with groups of people, including company employees at all levels, suppliers, competitors, subcontractors and other outside professionals with whom the company deals with on a regular basis
- Ability to analyze, develop, present, and implement sound production business strategies and practices; prioritize and multitask
- Ability to operate as a ‘trusted agent’ in which full confidentiality and strict ethical business standards are to be observed
- Ability to work extended hours, odd hours, weekends, as required to cover for overtime and absence of other Set-Up Prep personnel
- Ability to follow safe work practices, including lockout/tag out and safety harnesses
- PC Literate Body Position: Mathematics: Requires excellent math skills and accuracy to include SPC Requires ability to communicate with and maintain positive interpersonal skills with all members of the organization.Abstract and Interpretative skills Adkev, Inc. makes every effort to provide a pleasant environmentally controlled working atmosphere. However, on occasion, the position may require visiting customers, vendors, or outside professionals for which the company has no control of their environment.
- Requires ability to read and interpret statistical data and other abstract and analytical information associated with the position.
- Language: Requires the ability to read, write, and speak English. Must write legibly. Must be able to communicate with others verbally and by hand-held radio.
- Body Movement: Requires stooping, squatting, lifting above shoulders, climbing stairs and ladders; ability to lift up to 70 pounds; be able to perform all aspects of the job without significant accommodation. Physical dexterity and ability to negotiate around an office area, warehouse, manufacturing, equipment and crowded and busy work area.
- This position requires the ability to stand and walk for prolong periods of time (minimum 8 hrs); walking plant floor to perform responsibilities of the job; have the ability of eyesight and hearing (corrected) and full use of limbs. Radio communication essential requirement.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Daily communication with Plant Manager and other Shift Leaders to ensure continuity between shifts. Notation of issues and changes in cell log book
- Follow direction of Master Scheduler for production schedule and produce required quantities of finished goods/product to meet customer orders
- Manage the hold area; assure QCR disposition and sort/rework instructions are understood and signed by Production Tech prior to performing any action; monitor productiveness/effectiveness of work performed in the hold area
- Keep records and maintain files; complete production reports (Efficiency & Production Shutdown)
- Interpret and communicate information (technical, governmental)
- Participate in floor review and QCR resolution/corrective actions (Problem Solving/5 Why)
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the facility (Maintain & Support 5S)
- Communicate effectively with Quality Auditors and Set-up Coordinators/Set-up Techs to correct non-conforming products/processes quickly and with minimal defective product to meet goals of eliminating scrap
- Ensure end of run is completed before shift shutdown
- Analysis of data to project manpower needs and allocation of human resources to meet production needs daily using production monitoring system
- Monitor efficiency records of personnel
- Foster lean initiative and continuous improvement
- Audit all quality records, including routing tickets, box labels, and lot traceability sheets are completed by Production Technicians, as required
- Ensure initial and concurrent training of all cell personnel; use of production trainers for this responsibility is required
- Advise Plant Manager if additional skill sets are required of direct report personnel
- Provide feedback and arrange extra training for trainees as required
- Monitor cell personnel attitudes and awareness at all times and especially during probationary periods
- Provide feedback of performance issues of Production Techs to Plant Manager/HR. Analyze, correct, and follow-up on problem issues
- Complete the performance evaluations of all Production associates as well as other auxiliary personnel in a timely fashion. Handle disciplinary and conditional follow-up evaluations as needed
- Monitor and report absenteeism of Production associates on the shift
Job Type: Full-time
management: 3 years (Preferred)
Injection Molding: 5 years (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)